Thursday, February 24, 2011

Renewed Passion for Life!

When I was a kid, my passion was sketching. It was something that consumed me, though I never did really achieve the kind of skills I would have liked. I gave it up after a point because my academics was taking a back seat. It's been a long time since that I've felt as enthusiastic about anything. But in the last few years, my life has expanded to include three new things that have reignited that childhood passion: first, my family and kids; I want to be the best dad I can be! Second, my photography; I'd always been interested in this art and after getting my first, respectable digital camera, I seem to have made some headway in the right direction! And finally, my guitar playing. As a kid, I longed to be one of those cool guys you see playing the guitar, with an ardent following of female admirers! It didn't make things easier that my dad was a pretty good guitarist himself and that I had uncles and cousins who were quite adept at it. Because somehow, I just couldn't stick with it, in spite of repeated attempts. I would give up easily. Weirdly enough, having taken up the guitar at the age of 31, I've actually learned a lot more now than I did in my youth! 

So, here's a post dedicated to one of my passions at least; my photography.
I took this pic at beautiful lagoon in Havelock, Andamans.

The beauty of this lagoon made me feel like I could do no wrong with my photos!

Long way to go!

Best bud!

4 comments:

Suz said...

Like! So... I wonder if there's a way you can show the pictures you took much larger on your blog? I love them!
Also, can't wait to hear your guitar playing skills! You're almost inspiring me...

abhilash warrier said...

Julian:

So glad to see this post; I can relate to what you said about passions being reignited.

Check out these two sites when you have time; I am sure these will inspire you to take more and better photos.

Maybe, even switch your career like Manoj did! :-)
http://www.sepiastory.com/

Or start a new photo blog like Gopu:
http://lensmangops.blogspot.com/

All the best while you are at it.

abhilash warrier said...

By the way, I loved these pics. Also, loved the pics in the My Photos section...

Keep clicking.

Julian said...

@Suz: The template only allows me to post the images in this size. But if you click them, you can see a larger size image.