Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Silent Night


Yesterday turned out to be a long day at work. As I walked in the front door at 10:30 last night, the first sight to greet me was the by-now-familiar mess in the living room. Toys strewn all over the floor, Lisa's shoes left carelessly out of place, a hand towel dropped behind a chair. The dining area was a bigger mess, with the chairs all out of place around the table. The kitchen floor was littered with potatoes that Beth had played with and there were plates just about everywhere, except where they were supposed to be. Other than this mess though, the house was quiet!

On any other evening, I would have been irritated at the sight. But for some reason, this particular evening I felt peaceful. The mess on the floor meant I had two happy, healthy babies who'd run amok the entire evening! Which meant that they were tired out by now and fast asleep in bed. Which explained the peace. Which also meant that I could have a quiet dinner myself, maybe talk with the missus, and then look forward to a good night's sleep.

I felt blessed. 

2 comments:

Manasi said...

Julian.. i luv the way u put down ur thoughts.. :) Keep it up!

abhilash warrier said...

Julian, I liked your last punch line. That says a lot.

You are blessed, indeed.