Wednesday, March 17, 2010

X Marks the Box!


After making a good start with the new year, this blog suddenly hit a dry spell again! I've been stuck for ideas and, hence, haven't been able to post for a while. To some extent this dry spell has been because of some upheavels in my work life and to some extent because of mental fatigue. But I'm hoping that my posts will become more frequent now...because I treated myself yesterday to something I've wanted for a long time! The XBox gaming console!

I love gaming! For me it is the equivalent of going out to a pub and letting your hair down! This does not mean that I am some kind of an introverted person, lacking in social skills. I love games because of the different worlds that they create for you. When I play a game I absolutely enjoy the experience of being someone that I would never be in real life, like an Assassin from the time of the Crusades or...Spiderman! That's one of the reasons I loved James Cameron's Avatar: the idea of seeing a new world through the eyes of an entirely different person. One of my favorite scenes in the movie is when Sam Worthington takes his avatar 'out for a spin' to learn how his new body functions.The sense of discovery that comes with finding out what your new body can do is exhilarating! Take, for instance, the game I am currently playing, Assassin's Creed 2. I can scale walls, free run, fight, and use stealth tactics like blending into a crowd or jumping off a terrace into a cart of hay while trying to evade my enemies! In real life, I have the agility of a hippo but in a game the possibilities are endless!

But more importantly, I'm hoping that getting back to my passion will help me in more ways than one...make me start feeling upbeat again, get the creative juices flowing and help rid me of the constant irritable and tired state I find myself in these days.

Gaming frenzy...here I come!

No comments: